Monday, October 4, 2010

LHD Juan Carlos I, mission profile

Text by Gerardo Señoráns Barcala and pictures by Ministerio de Defensa and Navantia, Madrid, España.

The LHD Juan Carlos I has four decks:
  • Dock and garage for heavy cargo.
  • Habitability deck.
  • Hangar and light cargo garage.
  • Flight deck with a portside sky-jump.

LHD Juan Carlos I

LHD Juan Carlos I, flight deck with 6 middle size helicopters and two Boeing / BAe AV-8B Harrier II Plus on the 2 elevators

LHD Juan Carlos I, flight hangar with max. 20 Boeing / BAe AV-8B Harrier II Plus
LHD Juan Carlos I, flight hangar with max. 11 Boeing / BAe AV-8B Harrier II Plus and 12 Boeing CH-47 Chinook.

LHD Juan Carlos I, flight hangar with 10 Boeing / BAE AV-8B Harrier II Plus and 12 Boeing CH-47 Chinook.
   
LHD Juan Carlos I, light cargo hangar 10 Boeing CH-47 Chinook, trucks, jeeps etc.

LHD Juan Carlos I, light cargo hangar with trucks, jeeps etc.
 
LHD Juan Carlos I, heavy load hangar. The heavy vehicles hangar has 1,400 m2.


LHD Juan Carlos I, heavy load hangar with 39 Leopard II tanks. The heavy vehicles hangar has 1,400 m2.


LHD Juan Carlos I, 4 decks

No comments:

Post a Comment